In case you didn’t know (I mean why would you?) I celebrated my 27th birthday this week. Yay!!
In honour of reaching this glorious milestone, because honestly there’s plenty of time I thought I wouldn’t.
Let me jump straight into this totally unoriginal idea of a blog post.
27 Things I’ve Learnt in 27 Years
- You can’t rely on other people to determine your happiness, that’s up to you and you only.
- Nothing is more important than your health.
- Not just your physical health, your mental health is pretty damn important too.
- Life is about balance, you can’t work yourself into the ground, you probably shouldn’t party yourself into the ground either.
- You can’t do everything at once.
- It’s ok to make mistakes, everyone does.
- It’s important to learn from your mistakes. Was it really even a mistake if you learnt from it and did it better next time?
- Life gets tough at times and unfortunately there’s not a lot you can do about it. Everyone goes through tough times. Hang in there.
- Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom in order to work yourself up.
- You need to stop comparing yourself to others.
- Life’s not a competition, we’re all in a different race.
- Buy the right size clothing. No matter what size you are, you’ll look a hell of a lot better when your clothing fits.
- Accept you can’t make everyone like you.
- Save money, when you can.
- Remember to treat yourself. You only live once after all.
- Challenge yourself in life. Whether it’s doing something that scares you. Something that you won’t find easy. It could be anything. Imagine how accomplished you’ll feel afterwards.
- It’s never too late for education and you’re never too old to learn.
- Know your self worth.
- You need to love and respect yourself before you can expect others too.
- Be kind to others.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to think for yourself. At the end of the day you’re the one who has to live with your decision.
- Accept help and advice. Especially from professionals and loved ones.
- Don’t have regrets.
- Accept you can’t change the past.
- Be present. There are times it’s great to just be there. Living in the moment, The there and now, not focusing on a phone / screen of some sort.
- I’m absolutely positive a lot of these points won’t be new to a lot of you. To me though, they’re truly some of the most important lessons I’ve learnt over the last 27 years.
Hope you enjoyed this post and feel free to hit me up and let me know something important you’ve learnt in life.Love Charlotte xxxIncluded a few pics from Birthday celebrations. Follow me on Instagram for more 🙂